Seminars for Small Business Owners in CANADA
Business Search and Acquisition
Seminar Length: 3 hrs
The seminar gives the insight to Ontario businesses market,
ways to chose, evaluate, rank and acquire a small or middle
1. Types of businesses to consider, choosing from a variety of brokerage services, considering private sellers.
2. Reading and evaluating the financial statements, using other methods to assess business performance.
3. How to buy a business: Buying Shares vs. Purchase of Assets.
4. Tax consequences for buyer and seller. 750k capital gains
5. Other tax matters related to operation of private corporation.
Understanding the Accounting process and reading Financial Statements.
Seminar Length: 2 hrs
Accounting process explained. The seminar explains
the structure, meaning and terminology of the financial
1. How accounting system is functioning.
2. Understanding Debits and Credits, types of accounts,chart of accounts reviewed.
3. Recording business activities, document processing and account distribution.
4. Different ways to prepare financial statements from available data.
5. Periodic tax remittances and other tax considerations.
Understanding the Canadian Taxation System. Taxation for small business.
Seminar Length: 3 hrs
The basics of the business taxation, types of taxes, when they are filed, basic tax calculation rules with
the emphasis on private corporations and their owner's tax concerns.
1. Basic tax rules, governing law, rights of the taxpayer.
2. How is the taxation of corporation different from taxation of self-employed individuals?
3. Registering an HST account - when is the right time
4. Arranging owner's pay: Salary vs. Dividends
5. Shareholder Loans - what you need to know
6. Due dates for corporation' taxes
7. Documents to support the tax returns
Incorporating a small business: Registering a corporation, setting up the accounting and Bookkeeping in a small business.
Seminar Length: 4 hrs
Keep the startup costs to a Minimum, Achieve cost-effective process, bookkeeping for specific needs of the small business.
1. Registering Provincial vs Federal corporation - step by step guide, what are the costs?
2. Minutes book, company by-laws, seal
3. Registering a trading Name.
4. Planning ahead for cost-efficient accounting process and storing. records
2. Selecting the applications: Accounting software or spreadsheet?
3. Bookkeeping in QuickBooks
4. Using Simply Accounting
5. Full-cycle accounting using spreadsheets
Participation and questions are welcome.
Important notice(1): The information above may reflect a
subjective interpretation by the author(s), who, by no means may accept
any responsibility or
liability whatsoever for the results of proper or improper use of the
above information, whole or in part, it as well is explicitly stated
whatever information provided by authors, may not suit specific purpose
of specific reader, and it alone may not be relied upon to produce
In each individual case professional advice must be obtained.
Important notice(2): This text is subject to copyright (c)
legislation and may not be reproduced, whole or in part without
author(s) written permission.